Never Giving Up

After finishing my AP book, A Lesson Before Dying, I've spent the twenty minutes during independent reading time to read other books and also keeping up with the extra ten to fifteen minutes reading at home. I've been reading less than I was before, so I am trying to bring my reading rate back up. It took me about 3 weeks to finish my AP book and now I am nearly finished with my third book, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I was planning on reading another nonfiction book, but I chose this book because I bought it when it first published, but never got to read it so it has been sitting on top of my bookshelf for a while now. I also really like the author John Green because all of his books are relatable and his books are written in a unique way. Even though I am a bit late with reading The Fault in Our Stars, I will be blogging about this book today.
The Fault in Our Stars is a romantic, yet sad story between a girl named Hazel that was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and a guy named Augustus that also had cancer, but believed he was cured from it by having his leg amputated. From hanging out at their houses to traveling to Amsterdam, they immediately fell in love with each other after meeting at the Support Group. Hazel is a sweet girl and handles her troubles very well. She is outgoing as a person and pushes herself to conquer her goals in life. Describing her personality, she says, "I went to Support Group for the same reason I'd once allowed nurses with a mere eighteen months of graduate education to poison me with exotically named chemicals: I wanted to make my parents happy" (7). The author uses a lot of dialogue in this chapter to show her relationship with her mom. Just like Hazel, I want to make my parents happy by practicing hard, pursuing my golf career, and making sacrifices for them to make them satisfied. Even though the journey may be tough, I don't give up and try my best to go through the struggles. Throughout the story, there were many decisions for Hazel to make considering her cancer problems, but even with that, she didn't make any foolish mistakes or do something that would upset her parents. While reading this book, I feel like it shows a great importance of keeping your good friends close by and treating them and your parents right. Like I said, I love to read books that are written by John Green because they tell me these kind of messages that are important to me in our everyday life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Achievements and Desires

My Life Around Books